To start your online store still have to have at least some kind of search system for the catalogue of the goods and the whole Internet shop or website. And it is advisable to search on the website worked. In the end you are waited by bonus point!
Once you are convinced of the ability of the search engine something to search the site, pay attention to the following criteria:
- The collection of statistics. The search system on the website needs to collect log all the queries that users type in the Internet store or website, and preferably not only the request itself, but the number of search results. But how else can truly understand your audience and potential clients? After the start of collecting such statistics turns out what people are searching for completely different, weeks initially suggested by the developer of your online store. Scroll to the collected statistics, the most frequent queries with zero results the search and start the redesign of the catalog and pages with them.
- Synonyms. Smart search and smart to take into account possible synonyms in a search, and most importantly misprints and errors in words. If your search in the online shop do not know how, too bad most of the audience might not find the right product or page. The scale of the problem can be estimated by the statistics of the search on the site.
- The preliminary results of the site search. The system, which is beginning to look even without waiting until the visitor of the online store will add your request to the end, needs to show preliminary results. After this, the user becomes obvious then you can not gain, because the site already found what was needed. Preliminary results of a search for benefit and make it easy to find in 99% of cases. Thanks users for the time saved cannot be overstated.
- The structure of the search results and grouping by type. Often the online stores with lots of goods in one and the same query is logical to show not only the found items, and subcategories of the catalog. It is impossible to know in advance, whether the user is looking for 1 product or want to see the whole category. Therefore, the entire sample of search query should be split by page type: separate products, a separate category of the directory, and separate information pages. It is also logical to use different templates depending on the type of page found: for important product picture, but for a category simply text link
- Morphological search. Search for online store needs to consider the morphology of the word, only then the user can get adequate results. Check the search is very easy: type in a search on their online store consistently the same word in different word forms, such as "shipping" and "delivery." An equally important function - the exclusion of junk words from the query string. Trash or insignificant words can interfere with the search or to exclude some of the matching documents. Example of garbage words are the prepositions, the word "price" in some cases, the question words ("why", "how", etc.) and others. Depending on the niche of an Internet store, it is logical to prescribe the "garbage words", for example for the online store of yarn, it is logical to consider the word "yarn" in the search query.
- Do not leave blank search results. Even if nothing is found on the search request, you need to show some results, links, and text with a proposal for further action. The most logical method of implementation: do a search with the display first results in a "complete" request, and if none is found, display the results for searching by individual words of a search query. For example, if the Internet magicianzing nothing found for the query "yellow jacket with stripes", it is logical to display the search results separately for the words "yellow", then "jacket", then "stripes". The sequence of the output it is necessary to consider: first logical output for words with a smaller number of search results, and then in ascending order. For the specified example it is best to first show the results for the word "stripes", then "jacket", and then "yellow" (suspended).
Smart search can split the search query into more complex combinations and produce results, sorting by the number of search results for each combination. For the above example it is logical to show the results of separate queries: "yellow jacket", "jacket with stripes, yellow with stripes"
- The processing speed of the query. For online stores with lots of products time of the search query is a crucial factor. In some cases, it is logical to use a schema search quick search results with subsequent loading via ajax the rest of the search results.
What do all these items?
Their implementation will help to directly increase sales, improve behavioral factors and satisfaction of the user, and the time spent on the website.
Storing the requested data in session for next use: All that the user entered in the search bar on the website and you need to remember and store it in session. How to apply it to improve the online store?
- Keep in the properties of the ordering data about his quest. When the user submits the order in the online store, add hidden fields with information about previous searches on the website. This is important because the order was shipped is not sales and sales is necessary to bring the order to cash, and saved search history site help in advanceSya to the situation and it is even possible to make dopadaju.
- Highlighting searched words on the product page. Without further comment - it is very convenient.
- Appeal to managers and consultants with statistics.
- Highlighting the previous search queries for the user's convenience
- Further for the analysis and improvement of an Internet store is very logical to treat the statistics of searches tied to orders.
And your shop knows how?